Stories Archive
    Recommend Us
    Feedback
    FAQ
    Docs
    ShoutBox2
Shoutbox   

Shout History
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Kerching..... News and Events Darrenbf 1 Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:10 pm
SLEDGE_HAMMER View latest post
FIFA gamer signed by Wolfsburg Other Games SLEDGE_HAMMER 0 Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:31 am
Lemmy in a milk advert Bored? Fun Links! SLEDGE_HAMMER 0 Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:52 pm
Merry Christmas ToGs! General Chat SLEDGE_HAMMER 5 Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:11 am
Blunt View latest post
Dick of the Week Bored? Fun Links! SLEDGE_HAMMER 18 Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:38 pm
MrBlack View latest post
Branching out General Chat Grekk 8 Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:25 pm
ToGDMB View latest post

Branching out

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grekk

Reputation: 39.4Reputation: 39.4Reputation: 39.4Reputation: 39.4
blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:06 pm Post subject: No icon Branching out Reply with quote

Ok hear me out now this is not heresey!

We currently often have more than 5 people wanting a comp game of csgo in the evenings (plus dmb who doesnt like comp?) and with mr White and others who also join us we can be "oversubscribed" Often we also have a wide range of skill levsls too.

This may come as a shock to some but other games are available - and the one im thinking of is Battlefield Bad comapany 2 (BFBC2) older but still regarded as one of the best BF games and I can attest to this (and currently on sale on steam)

Its the kind of game you dont have to organise or commit a full hour to - you can dip in and out easily. It would suit us as its quite squad based - I'll explain. It has two modes, rush and conquest. In rush sides (up to 32 players) take turns to plant and defend bombs at a sequential series of objectives - get the last ones and you win the round - the defenders try to whittle down your forces by kills - the attacking team has a number of "lives" usually 75 and when these are exhausted by deaths they lose.

In conquest (again up to 32 players) there are 3 or 4 sites which will change to your sides possession when you occupy them. The object is to hold as many as possible to decrease the enemies lives quicker

There are multiple classes - medic, engie, sniper and support and each can bring different skills. Medics can revive (returns a ticket to your team) and drop health etc

It would suit us as you can play in squads - your squad members are obvious on map and when you die instead of returning to your base you can spawn on an alive squad member - eg even if 3 of you are wiped out behind enemy lines if one is alive you can spawn back onto him.  In comms as we do in CSGO you can really

Using mumble would be great, usually the better organised team wins and the beauty of it is that everyone can contribute its not all just about aim - although it obviously does help a bit.

Quite often on a weekend afternoon we dont have enough for csgo comp but I fancy doing something with others - 2 or 3 of you in BFBC2 could fill that gap.

Its currently on sale for 3 quid or so on steam - I know cold already has it.  Anyone fancy getting it and having a go together. Like I said with our current numbers we cant always accomodate everyone in csgo and at other times we dont have enough. This could be a nce second game for TOG members to get into together. I love it, come on you wankers!

Its not intended to replace or detract from our CSGO side of thisngs but rather to supplement it

Oh and it has tanks and explosions and stuff!
cold

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:02 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Branching out Reply with quote

I agree....u are a heretic....or helmet or something......actually u are right....BF2 could deasily fill the gap for those moments of defalation after being repeatedly smashed by smurftastic tossers
I also agree on the mumble....we should be using it anyway tbh....get it sorted u melts

...and why not?
cold

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:46 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Branching out Reply with quote

We only went and bloody did it.Afetr much ballbag scratching and team viewer assistance we finally got more that one person on mumble and actually played a difrferent game.....and it was very different.
Me, Badgerbobo (btv's new assumed name on BF2), VTP and Grekkaloid had a blast on, aas u may have already guessed BF2.....THERE WAS A CLUE IN THERE ALREADY.....fucking caps lock.
It was a good laugh and I would recommend it as an assid eto our main staple of GO....get it bought and give it a blast

...and why not?
Sponsor
MrBlack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:25 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Branching out Reply with quote

cold wrote (View Post):
We only went and bloody did it.Afetr much ballbag scratching and team viewer assistance we finally got more that one person on mumble and actually played a difrferent game.....and it was very different.
Me, Badgerbobo (btv's new assumed name on BF2), VTP and Grekkaloid had a blast on, aas u may have already guessed BF2.....THERE WAS A CLUE IN THERE ALREADY.....fucking caps lock.
It was a good laugh and I would recommend it as an assid eto our main staple of GO....get it bought and give it a blast

We did and here is the proof:

Link
Grekk

blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:23 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Branching out Reply with quote

Ignore Black just showing off his 3 monitor setup, its a bit o fun and yes disorientating at first as so much is going on but worth sticking at. I think you automatically have the vietnam dlc, I know bobo and black did - thats fun too. Less weapons but the vehicles play music like Apocalypse Now!
MrBlack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:40 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Branching out Reply with quote

Grekk wrote (View Post):
Ignore Black just showing off his 3 monitor setup, its a bit o fun and yes disorientating at first as so much is going on but worth sticking at. I think you automatically have the vietnam dlc, I know bobo and black did - thats fun too. Less weapons but the vehicles play music like Apocalypse Now!

And there is a tuktuk... what a machine Very Happy
Sponsor
Grekk

blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:13 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Branching out Reply with quote

MrBlack wrote (View Post):
Grekk wrote (View Post):

Death on 3 wheels!
MrBlack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:28 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Branching out Reply with quote

Grekk wrote (View Post):
MrBlack wrote (View Post):
Grekk wrote (View Post):

Death on 3 wheels!

Lads, Lads... I am here to save you! Jump in the tuktuk, To battle!
ToGDMB

votes: 1
england.png

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:25 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Branching out Reply with quote

I've just bought this game.  I'll start running Steam friends again so message me when you are on.  Looking forward to it  Very Happy

DMB
Sponsor
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Forum Index ->  General Chat All times are UTC
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: