Stories Archive
    Recommend Us
    Feedback
    FAQ
    Docs
    ShoutBox2
Shoutbox   

Shout History
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Kerching..... News and Events Darrenbf 1 Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:10 pm
SLEDGE_HAMMER View latest post
FIFA gamer signed by Wolfsburg Other Games SLEDGE_HAMMER 0 Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:31 am
Lemmy in a milk advert Bored? Fun Links! SLEDGE_HAMMER 0 Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:52 pm
Merry Christmas ToGs! General Chat SLEDGE_HAMMER 5 Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:11 am
Blunt View latest post
Dick of the Week Bored? Fun Links! SLEDGE_HAMMER 18 Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:38 pm
MrBlack View latest post
Branching out General Chat Grekk 8 Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:25 pm
ToGDMB View latest post

New Telly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

My Screens Bigger than Yours! What is your current TV Size
Mr Big nuts - 50"+
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Rising to the occassion - 42"+
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Mr Average - 32"+
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Frankly, she's disappointed - 22"+
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

porkspine

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:43 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New Telly Reply with quote

That looks the tits.

BUY EEEEET

8=====D - -- -

ToGDMB

votes: 1
england.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:36 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New Telly Reply with quote

mikeyking wrote (View Post):
I'm assuming you can wall hang it? I want to take the stand off and stick it on the wall!

Yep, you can remove the stand and wall mount it.  If you haven't wall mounted before, you can buy a bracket from Amazon etc as the wall bracket won't be included in the price.

The weight of the TV will be in the spec and shown on the box.  The modern LCDs LED's etc are much lighter than the plasma versions.  My mate fixed a plasma to an internal wall in his new house a few years ago and it pulled part of the wall down...no joke!

The only thing that puts me off wall mounting in my older house is covering the wires.  For me there would be several cables to either trunk or cut a channel into the wall (the power cable. the sky cable two HDMI cables etc)  For me the result would be fugly.   With a stud wall you could route the cables through  the gaps..just make sure you find the battens to attach the screen to the wall.

Good luck, that TV seems the canine's testicles! Wink

DMB
mikeyking

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:44 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New Telly Reply with quote

Yeah, I've already got a really heavy plasma on the chimney wall and also had the foresight when burying the cables in the wall to put 4 x HDMI (although my existing tele only has 1 HDMI) and also an ethernet cable (my current TV doesn't have net access).  The only thing I didn't bury was an optical cable - hey ho.

The guy that fitted this tele couldn't use normal fixing so basically it's bolted in place and the chimney will fall down before the TV would so my only problem is whether the fixings are universal and would fit the new TV or not - otherwise the Samsung ones are about £100!

Sponsor
Darrenbf

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:14 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New Telly Reply with quote

DMB - not progressed it yet  Sad  just had a conservatory fitted at the back of the house so need to find furniture before the new TV.

Will probably sort it in the new year after the expense of Christmas is out of the way.

Mikey - If your bracket has VESA mounts the new telly will more than likely have them. That way you should be fine.
mikeyking

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:25 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New Telly Reply with quote

Darrenbf wrote (View Post):
DMB - not progressed it yet  Sad  just had a conservatory fitted at the back of the house so need to find furniture before the new TV.

Pfft - call yerself a man?  Furniture before a new TV?? Very Happy Very Happy

I-chicken

Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3
blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:43 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New Telly Reply with quote

I bought this telly from John Lewis just before Chrimbo, picture quality is spot on, sound is OK from the tv but you really need surround / soundbar for films which I have already so all good.  Thought I'd pay a bit extra for 3D purely because I think it'll never get used but its a nice novelty and passive 3D keeps it low cost.

pretty pleased really
Sponsor
ToGDMB

england.png

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:03 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New Telly Reply with quote

@ I-Chicken,

Now, that one looks really good.  If you do get round to viewing in 3D, I'd be interested in your views( no pun intended) especially 3D sport and 3D DVDs(Blue Ray)  in passive mode.

Happy viewing and HNY,

DMB
Darrenbf

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:10 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New Telly Reply with quote

OK - so the new TV is here, check it out!

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-blu-ray/televisions/large-screen-tvs-32-and-over/samsung-ue55f8500-smart-3d-55-led-tv-21352559-pdt.html

Haven't got it fully set up yet but the picture is amazing!!!! - must try running CS:GO on it.  Very Happy

Away put your weapon, or I will help you not
mikeyking

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:04 am Post subject: No icon Re: New Telly Reply with quote

Darrenbf wrote (View Post):
OK - so the new TV is here, check it out!

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-blu-ray/televisions/large-screen-tvs-32-and-over/samsung-ue55f8500-smart-3d-55-led-tv-21352559-pdt.html

Haven't got it fully set up yet but the picture is amazing!!!! - must try running CS:GO on it.  Very Happy

Now *THAT'S* a tele - can't wait for the invite Very Happy

Sponsor
porkspine

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:09 am Post subject: No icon Re: New Telly Reply with quote

Nice dood :D

Little bit jealous...

8=====D - -- -

mikeyking

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:28 am Post subject: No icon Re: New Telly Reply with quote

I did buy a Samsung but not a TV unfortunately...

porkspine

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:49 am Post subject: No icon Re: New Telly Reply with quote

oooo snap, sans the ice/water breaker.

8=====D - -- -

Sponsor
porkspine

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:50 am Post subject: No icon Re: New Telly Reply with quote

maker*

8=====D - -- -

mikeyking

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:38 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New Telly Reply with quote

Well, given it's nearly the World Cup now is the time to pick up some bargains for a new telly.  However, as I like my gadgets I've just ordered the 2014 model of the Samsung 46" 7000 series. £100 quid off at Curry's at the moment.

Picking it up tomorrow and hopefully installed in time to watch the League One play off final (hope it's better than the Champshionship one but I'm sure DMB won't think so)

Only problem with this telly is it's only a month old and there's only one main review on any of the sites which is here:

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/televisions/plasma-and-lcd-tvs/samsung-ue46h7000-1243378/review

The only worry I really have is the statement that "Motion resolution not brilliant". Hmmm, oh b*ll*x to it, let's go for it.

porkspine

uk.png

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:14 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New Telly Reply with quote

Got meself a 47" version of one of these:  

http://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/47PFL5008T_12/5000-series-3d-ultra-slim-smart-led-tv-with-ambilight-2-sided-and-pixel-plus-hd

In a word, AWESOME.

Ambilight FTW <3

8=====D - -- -

Sponsor
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Forum Index ->  General Chat All times are UTC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: