Stories Archive
    Recommend Us
    Feedback
    FAQ
    Docs
    ShoutBox2
Shoutbox   

Shout History
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Kerching..... News and Events Darrenbf 1 Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:10 pm
SLEDGE_HAMMER View latest post
FIFA gamer signed by Wolfsburg Other Games SLEDGE_HAMMER 0 Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:31 am
Lemmy in a milk advert Bored? Fun Links! SLEDGE_HAMMER 0 Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:52 pm
Merry Christmas ToGs! General Chat SLEDGE_HAMMER 5 Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:11 am
Blunt View latest post
Dick of the Week Bored? Fun Links! SLEDGE_HAMMER 18 Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:38 pm
MrBlack View latest post
Branching out General Chat Grekk 8 Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:25 pm
ToGDMB View latest post

The no AWP/Auto rule ...

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Forum Index -> CSGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerry

blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:23 pm Post subject: No icon The no AWP/Auto rule ... Reply with quote

I know that I am relatively new to the server and do want to come across as a whiner, complainer etc however I thought id voice an opinion on the awp/auto rule.

I can argue both sides of this no problem but the AWP being not in the game just isnt CS imo.
If you were to talk to someone about cs - there is a very good chance you'll hear them speak of the awp, hate it or loathe it.

I feel it should be in the game but I am sure there are alot of people that dislike it and for whatever reason that maybe, that is fine.
Though how about a compromise, raise the price of it or limit it to say , 1 per team or costing say, 6 or 7k as opposed to 4750. Perhaps even both.

Now I like to play competitive cs which has no limitations or restrictions, could be just how I play with an AWP.

The auto however, this is a hell of a lot stronger or should I say accurate than say, 1.6 - and understand why it may be restricted as it is quite easy to grab a kill, to the extent of it feeling cheap, a lot easier than the AWP.

If you miss with an awp - it could be lights out for you.
If you miss with an auto - hang in tight and all might be alright.

This is my opinion, I like how the server is atm but feel like its missing 1 of the iconic weapons that has grown with cs from the beginning :)

Feel free to add your opinions or even agree with me Very Happy

I speak my mind.
Love me or Hate me - It's up to you Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit member's Facebook: http://facebook.com/Gerardy
ToGDMB

votes: 1
england.png

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:43 pm Post subject: No icon Re: The no AWP/Auto rule ... Reply with quote

Thanks for the post, Gerry.  We have been discussing the AWP/AutoSniper rifles in great depth in the CSGO forum.  If you look further down, you will see the threads.  For the time being, things will remain as they are.  It's a casual server and it's a bit laid back.

However, I'm looking at a SourceMod plug-in that can limit any weapon to 1 per team.  Shanksie found this a while ago and I'm trying to find some time to have a look at it.  It takes a bit of configuring and it's got several bugs but I'm nearly there.

Perhaps more news on this soon,

Thanks for jogging my memory,

DMB

Weapon Restrict
PaddyPower

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:34 pm Post subject: No icon Re: The no AWP/Auto rule ... Reply with quote

The only problem with the AWP in the game like CS:GO is its a milsim game its supposed to reflect reality bringing the realworld rules to a video game genre.
show me the person who can run jump scope a hi-powered rifle in less than a second and be accurate balls to that anyone who has shot any gun will tell you shooting a sniper rifle like a wildwest gunslinger is just bullshit.
For that reason alone the awp should be taken out of this game if it required even a 2 second setup rule i would agree to the awp in game but as it stands in game it makes a joke of the Milsim aspect of CS:GO if the AWP comes back why not just go full retarded and lets bring in veporal swords and wands hells they are just as unrelistic as a sniper breakdancing about screen before he John Waynes the thing into action with a smoke in one hand and the AWP in the other.
Just an Honest Opinion.
Sponsor
Smoggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:53 pm Post subject: No icon Re: The no AWP/Auto rule ... Reply with quote

A very good point made Paddy.

Gerry

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:50 pm Post subject: No icon Re: The no AWP/Auto rule ... Reply with quote

A little harsh Paddy? :P

"The only problem with the AWP in the game like CS:GO is its a milsim game its supposed to reflect reality bringing the realworld rules to a video game genre. "
>If the game was to be made to be based on everything real life then it would have be steered into a more of a simulated aspect rather than a first person shooter game.
>Or it would have to look deeper into real world rules that you speak of, how far can they go? do they stop at what a bullet can penetrate through? or do they make all guns 1 hit kill with a headshot? lets face it - you'd die with 1 shot from any firearm be it a pistol, rifle or even an arrow shot from a bow.

"show me the person who can run jump scope a hi-powered rifle in less than a second and be accurate balls to that anyone who has shot any gun will tell you shooting a sniper rifle like a wildwest gunslinger is just bullshit."
> So why is the SSG still available when the same thing is possible with it? Although its a little less powerful, doesn't mean it can not be used in the same way Razz

I speak my mind.
Love me or Hate me - It's up to you Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit member's Facebook: http://facebook.com/Gerardy
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Forum Index ->  CSGO All times are UTC
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: