Stories Archive
    Recommend Us
    Feedback
    FAQ
    Docs
    ShoutBox2
Shoutbox   

Shout History
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Kerching..... News and Events Darrenbf 1 Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:10 pm
SLEDGE_HAMMER View latest post
FIFA gamer signed by Wolfsburg Other Games SLEDGE_HAMMER 0 Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:31 am
Lemmy in a milk advert Bored? Fun Links! SLEDGE_HAMMER 0 Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:52 pm
Merry Christmas ToGs! General Chat SLEDGE_HAMMER 5 Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:11 am
Blunt View latest post
Dick of the Week Bored? Fun Links! SLEDGE_HAMMER 18 Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:38 pm
MrBlack View latest post
Branching out General Chat Grekk 8 Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:25 pm
ToGDMB View latest post

Your Gaming Gear: Peripherals
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntiTalent

votes: 4
blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:21 pm Post subject: No icon Your Gaming Gear: Peripherals Reply with quote

Just wondering what kind of gear / set up everyone uses for gaming? I tend to play a mixture of games, from CSGO through to strategy games like Civ V & X-COM. Used to be really into Warcraft / Starcraft, but interest has waned in those games. Priorities for me tend to be comfort, and minimal input lag.

Anyway, just a list of out interest really, I'm not posting this to 'brag' about how much money I spend on a hobby ( I'm honestly not that dedicated and have always looked at budget options), more just curious as to what people use.

Mouse: Cheap gaming mouse (Perixx MX-2000 same design as the red one, but in black, which seems to have been replaced since) which despite the horrible UI on the drivers, is actually quite good once I'd disabled all the lights - and definitely superior to a Roccat Kone, which died after about 10 months use. Unbelievably cheap for the quality of the thing though - assume these guys want some market share from the big boys, or are a re badged version of them.

Keyboard: Roccat Arvo - Which I'll admit I overpaid for, just wanted something with a small footprint- otherwise seems a very standard keyboard with decent key travel. Am interest in gaming keypads (I do get some pain after a long session, maybe something more ergonomic would help), but frankly dubious as to how useful they are - quite pricey and still quite useless outside of games. Plus, I feel like a need a full keyboard - maybe a mechanical keyboard is the answer - this is very 'clacky', so much so I can't write emails if the gf is trying to sleep.

Sound/Headphones/Headset: Gamecom 780. Again, really quite cheap compared to others, though these aren't as comfy as the Creative 'Fatality' headset I had before, the mic is much improved, and for what is about a tenner more, There's some gimmicky 5.1/7.1 setting which seems to help me out on FPS games, once I got used to it.

Anyway, Over to you: Did I miss anything? Gamepads? Keypads? monitors?

bigfry

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:02 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Your Gaming Gear: Peripherals Reply with quote

Razer Abysuss mouse...Razer Lycossa keyboard....cheap headset....Hanns G monitor :p....but ive seen people who are godlike play with a PC world setup...so most likely money wasted XD

cold

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:21 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Your Gaming Gear: Peripherals Reply with quote

I have a set of earplugs that I got with my ZX81 Spectrum....apparently they were state of the art back then.
I use the arrow keys to move and aim rather than a mouse...I consider the use of a mouse to cheating and bad form.
I have rewired an old black and white portable tv as my monitor...seems to work quite well.

gl n hf

...and why not?
Sponsor
bigfry

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:23 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Your Gaming Gear: Peripherals Reply with quote

Pros use a joystick..or so ive heard. Im going to start experimenting with a trackpad.

AntiTalent

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:40 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Your Gaming Gear: Peripherals Reply with quote

:)

Definitely true to an extent. I think anything half decent will do the job, as you get used to your set up. Would say my aiming got better once I ditched my wireless mouse though - (was a bluetooth setup so I could connect my phone/work lappy easily, and noticeably laggy, even moving on-screen).

Think the whole 1000hz thing is a gimmick though

Smoggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:50 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Your Gaming Gear: Peripherals Reply with quote

I'm using the follwoing:

RAT 3

Confort Curve 2000

Turtle Beach P11

And I use an Xbox 360 pad for driving and fighting games

Sponsor
AntiTalent

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:24 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Your Gaming Gear: Peripherals Reply with quote

Smoggy wrote (View Post):

And I use an Xbox 360 pad for driving and fighting games

Oh yeah! of course, Use one of those myself. Definitely helps with some games that are just made for pads.

lol@bigfry & cold, I remember keyboard aiming in the old days. Used to play 'co-op' with my older brother on Duke3D -using the numpad to aim. Razz

Isk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:35 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Your Gaming Gear: Peripherals Reply with quote

I have cheapo everything!  Reliant on admin hax to get any kills  Laughing
porkspine

uk.png

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:45 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Your Gaming Gear: Peripherals Reply with quote

Logitech G9
Saitek keyboard
Dell U2711 monitor
Plantronics Gamecom headset  
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics-GameCom-Gaming-Headset-Surround/dp/B0079G2Y52

I too use the arrow keys and surrounding keys plus have functions like flash, smoke, HE nade and knife bound to separate butans on my mouse.

Antitalent, I've got a Belkin N52TE gaming pad:

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/5537994/-/Product.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N__P1IayMI

It's brand new without packaging, used once, for sale if you want to try your hand at a gaming keypad....?

I bought it but couldn't get on with it as I have a low patience threshold for certain things on certain days. On the particular day I installed and tried it that was unfortunately one of them. Got a few mates who swear by them though. They also use them for photoshop and other programs.  

Make me a sensible offer and we can talk business :D

It cost me £50 new:  http://www.belkin.com/uk/p/P-F8GFPC200/

8=====D - -- -

Sponsor
Smoggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:25 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Your Gaming Gear: Peripherals Reply with quote

Those headphones look nice Porky.

I had some 5.1 Medusa's but they knacked up on me eventually.

Gerry

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:03 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Your Gaming Gear: Peripherals Reply with quote

Using a Razer Naga mouse as I was/kinda still am an MMO player. It isnt too bad for CSGO either so kept on using it.

For sound I use my Xbox360/PC Turtlebeach X11s - fantastic sound quality but my mic is somehow crap so I tend not use talk as much.
Something ill need to get fixed if I am to find a clan and go competitive with again.

I speak my mind.
Love me or Hate me - It's up to you Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit member's Facebook: http://facebook.com/Gerardy
porkspine

uk.png

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:29 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Your Gaming Gear: Peripherals Reply with quote

For the money they're amazing. You do get a real sense of where people are with them. Definitely worth a punt.

8=====D - -- -

Sponsor
I-chicken

Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3
blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:18 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Your Gaming Gear: Peripherals Reply with quote

my good old Razer Copperhead died....Logitec MX Revolution
Dell laptop keyboard and screen
Some cheap shitty headphones with mic that I use with cisco ip communicator

All top of the line stuff!!

Poo.....and a little bit of wee!
AntiTalent

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:49 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Your Gaming Gear: Peripherals Reply with quote

porkspine wrote (View Post):

For the money they're amazing. You do get a real sense of where people are with them. Definitely worth a punt.

Would agree with this, I have the same headset, took some getting used to the effects (stereo up till then), but definitely a help.

Nimilanor

netherlands.png

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:38 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Your Gaming Gear: Peripherals Reply with quote

Well on the newer rig I roll with :

G110 logitech gaming keyboard,

G400 logitech mouse.

turtlebeach headset.
White-ra mousepad.

on the old pc:

Razer tarantula gaming keyboard
Razer Diamondback gaming mouse.

thats about it I guess..

for pc specs :

I7 intel processor.
nvidea 560GTX
8gig ddr 3 corsair.
Sponsor
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Forum Index ->  General Chat All times are UTC
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: