Stories Archive
    Recommend Us
    Feedback
    FAQ
    Docs
    ShoutBox2
Shoutbox   

Shout History
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Kerching..... News and Events Darrenbf 1 Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:10 pm
SLEDGE_HAMMER View latest post
FIFA gamer signed by Wolfsburg Other Games SLEDGE_HAMMER 0 Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:31 am
Lemmy in a milk advert Bored? Fun Links! SLEDGE_HAMMER 0 Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:52 pm
Merry Christmas ToGs! General Chat SLEDGE_HAMMER 5 Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:11 am
Blunt View latest post
Dick of the Week Bored? Fun Links! SLEDGE_HAMMER 18 Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:38 pm
MrBlack View latest post
Branching out General Chat Grekk 8 Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:25 pm
ToGDMB View latest post

Whats Your Layout

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R3AP3R

Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:49 am Post subject: No icon Whats Your Layout Reply with quote

Hey All, I was wondering to see how people set-ups are and what they got running :)

and yes you can see a ps4 on the other side of motherboard lol

I-chicken

Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3
blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:09 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Whats Your Layout Reply with quote

I have a 3 year old Dell Precision M6500....it has blue function lights (power/wifi/hdd etc...) but no windows that let me see what's happening inside, it's quite heavy and it keeps my legs warm on cold winter nights when gaming  Laughing

Poo.....and a little bit of wee!
R3AP3R

Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:14 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Whats Your Layout Reply with quote

Hahaha love it, one thing i do miss is a warm pc in a cold room lol unfortunate for me i got Ultra quiet fans which blow very cold air so if anything my pc is cold, so can't get warmth from it anymore Sad

Sponsor
AntiTalent

votes: 4
blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:50 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Whats Your Layout Reply with quote

Nice, Have been tempted to do a miniITX build for a HTPC (maybe in a few months for a steambox), how are you finding the prodigy case noise-wise?

I have a Silverstone Raven R2 sat by my feet, all air cooled and the only issue I have is the GPU fan ramping up, am tempted to go water when I rebuild it, will almost certainly keep the same case going in the future for the 'main' PC.

Mu desk (when it's near to being clear, is attached). Good news is the headset works on the PS4 too.

R3AP3R

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:34 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Whats Your Layout Reply with quote

Gd lad AntiTalent got to have a next gen console next to your set up, yeah sound is reasonable quiet obviously when playing games than fans will get louder but you can't hear it with headset on.
what games you got going on console then?

AntiTalent

votes: 4
blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:13 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Whats Your Layout Reply with quote

At the moment, Killzone & FIFA (and the PS+ freebies, of course). The PS3 is in the other room, and has quite a backlog to work through, but I don't game that much on console, just couldn't resist when I saw one in stock in the run up to christmas. Have to say Resogun is great, just like geometry wars on the previous consoles, a proper brain melting 2D shooter.

I had the case next to me on the desk, but it takes way too much real estate.

Just realised your case is the MATX - didn't realise they made them!

Your case should be dumping out the same heat though, but keeping things nice and cool, so you can't dry your hand over the back like in the Pentium 4 days.

I-Chicken - I remember laptop gaming through my uni days, with CS 1.6. Managed to melt a the GPU solder on some Acer laptop I had. Shame my current laptop can only just about handle XCOM and Civ, and very little else - am banished from that same desk I posted above, so no gaming for me tonight.

Sponsor
Isk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:05 am Post subject: No icon Re: Whats Your Layout Reply with quote

I've got a beige /silver box with the sides taken off and a cheap keyboard - pretty sure my mouse was reasonably expensive but probably 5+ years old, headset was ok, about £35? Graphic card takes up two slots does that count?
IcyBubbles

Reputation: 5.9Reputation: 5.9Reputation: 5.9Reputation: 5.9Reputation: 5.9
blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:44 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Whats Your Layout Reply with quote

Bit late to this party, but this is my current layout

http://i.imgur.com/jx43GMh.jpg

box is an old case from about 7-10 years ago, that ive lugged around for years, everything else is nothing fancy

yamjac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:39 am Post subject: No icon Re: Whats Your Layout Reply with quote

Because I care..
It's time..
(before I start winning games again.  like in DnCnR era 'css05)
to come clean.

.. I CAN SEE!  

I can see to to left, and to the right.

You don't win css by Seeing, you win css by doing the One Step Ahead mental Chess biz that's kept SF2/4 going a century past it's due burial date.

BUT! just like setting a 21" crt to 16:9 mode gave me a "HOW did you see me!? u hr4x?" advantage ~9 years ago, clck attachment for truth.
cos sharing is caring.
but!
I'm only at 60hz,
and ALWAYS play drunk.

edited for doh! its a HAF 932 case; insisted chillblast added it to their options list before purchasing in '12.
poncy "is it overheating?" 5.25 panel juuust visiible, top.  Even though the dude said "we prefer enclosed cases", me & my kit are on a journey to hell and 'no room for unalignment of intent.

since 199x
Sponsor
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Forum Index ->  General Chat All times are UTC
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: