Stories Archive
    Recommend Us
    Feedback
    FAQ
    Docs
    ShoutBox2
Shoutbox   

Shout History
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Kerching..... News and Events Darrenbf 1 Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:10 pm
SLEDGE_HAMMER View latest post
FIFA gamer signed by Wolfsburg Other Games SLEDGE_HAMMER 0 Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:31 am
Lemmy in a milk advert Bored? Fun Links! SLEDGE_HAMMER 0 Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:52 pm
Merry Christmas ToGs! General Chat SLEDGE_HAMMER 5 Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:11 am
Blunt View latest post
Dick of the Week Bored? Fun Links! SLEDGE_HAMMER 18 Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:38 pm
MrBlack View latest post
Branching out General Chat Grekk 8 Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:25 pm
ToGDMB View latest post

Same old story.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerry

blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:38 pm Post subject: No icon Same old story. Reply with quote

Lately I have seen way too many people using Visual Assistance and it is clearly noticeable. Whether its a 3rd party program (I refuse to call them hackers bc they arent. Just cheaters.) or friends at a LAN or something it does happen, the latter you cant really do much about but is equally frustrating to see.

I have around 11 years experience in cs ,pub and competitive, and although I am not the best person to say they are cheating but I have a fairly good call.

I know there is no way of telling admins other than here or if they are on your friends list so it is quite difficult (also if admins are not on) to get it across without them toggling them off.

I'll name a few of whom I suspect, you can agree or deny, perhaps even still look out for them;
TAZ - has to be a cert. At least 1 regular agrees with me on this and possibly a few others would too.
Peggyy - did think was just a decent player but when publicly told he was using cheats, started to play quite poor. Suspicious play here, there and everywhere.
P3nny <3 - Had my suspicions but never actually spec'd him as much as the others.

This is by no means a negative post or meant to bring any negativity but is a part of Counter Strike and has been for x amount of years.

I speak my mind.
Love me or Hate me - It's up to you Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit member's Facebook: http://facebook.com/Gerardy
R3AP3R

Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:06 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Same old story. Reply with quote

I have too agree with Gerry on this topic, can you keep a eye out on this as they make the game less fun on the server and a bit argumentative.
Razz

mikeyking

uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:38 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Same old story. Reply with quote

Post the suspects in here and we'll sort them out. Much rather keep our regulars and forum subscribers than some scrotes playing with their mates in the same room..

BTW Peggggy has joined the forums tonight so let's see what they have to say for themself :D

Happy to kick / ban users and point them at the forums to find out if they are just really good or taking the p1ss...

Last edited by mikeyking on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
Peggyyyy

uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:36 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Same old story. Reply with quote

Hey. Well in my defence Gerry you have only played 150 hours of csgo, and i have played 664 hours. Same goes for you Its_Wibs you only have 261 hours so naturally am going to be slightly better at this game. I also have 3,465 hours of css so am not really new to the counter strike scence, been playing since 2008. Been to 6 competitive lans

i41 finished 13/16th
i42 finished 5/6th
i43 finished 13/16th
i50 finished 3rd
epic.five finished 5/6th
epic.nine finished 3rd

These all being lans with the best teams in the uk attending.

Oh and i only jumping headshot you 1 round Razz Not like am doing it every kill now is it?

All i want is a nice friendly community server to play on where i can have a joke and a laugh and get to know people who enjoy cs like me.
Gerry

blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:51 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Same old story. Reply with quote

Only started playing csgo almost 2 months ago.
before that 50-100 hours of css
before that again, easily 5000+ hours of cs 1.6

Cant be correct in suspicions all the time as they are exactly that, suspicions.

I started the thread to create awareness of people that actually are cheating.
Hopefully no offence taken ^^

I speak my mind.
Love me or Hate me - It's up to you Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit member's Facebook: http://facebook.com/Gerardy
R3AP3R

Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3Reputation: 8.3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:18 am Post subject: No icon Re: Same old story. Reply with quote

To be fair lans mean anything, as i host one every year got one coming in march lol.

also game play hours mean nothing as some people are generally good as gaming "They just born for it"

http://tog.gameme.com/players/csgo

check out player stats i think peggy way to good for this server and a bit untouchable lol and only played 4hours on server coming 4th place with a 3.00 kill ratio haha

:)

Sponsor
TAZ

Reputation: 6.9Reputation: 6.9Reputation: 6.9Reputation: 6.9Reputation: 6.9Reputation: 6.9
votes: 1
uk.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:12 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Same old story. Reply with quote

Hi. Im not really sure what to say to this. I too have played CS from way back in 1.6 and stuck with it up until around 2008 where I took a break and eventually played source for a while up until a couple of years back or so. Literally only got CSGO  about a week ago when I saw it on sale and  thought Id give it a try. This was the first server I joined and Ive really enjoyed it here while trying to get some of my "skill" back.

Id really like to continue to play here and clear any suspicion of my play but I guess all I can do is promise Im legit, I rely on my radar and sound only. I look down on *any* form of cheating. Hate it. I too just want a friendly community server to join and HAVE FUN.

AntiTalent

votes: 4
blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:32 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Same old story. Reply with quote

TAZ wrote (View Post):
Hi. Im not really sure what to say to this. I too have played CS from way back in 1.6 and stuck with it up until around 2008 where I took a break and eventually played source for a while up until a couple of years back or so. Literally only got CSGO  about a week ago when I saw it on sale and  thought Id give it a try. This was the first server I joined and Ive really enjoyed it here while trying to get some of my "skill" back.

Id really like to continue to play here and clear any suspicion of my play but I guess all I can do is promise Im legit, I rely on my radar and sound only. I look down on *any* form of cheating. Hate it. I too just want a friendly community server to join and HAVE FUN.

We'll I've played from back in the day and no one's ever accused me of hacking, at least on CSGO Crying or Very sad

Long shot, but did you used to play on T.D.B's servers during 1.6 / CSS?

Isk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:15 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Same old story. Reply with quote

Strangely enough no one has ever accused me of cheating but to be fair I am shit!  Laughing
Sponsor
cold

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:23 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Same old story. Reply with quote

Not really sure that total hours really means that much....I have played over 600hrs on Go and would describe myself as fairly shyte....actually for fairly shyte read 'totally bollox'.

Like Isk I have also never been accused of hacking....except on some Sunday mornings when I turned out for the Duck and Drake second XI

Not really sure what the answer to the issue is tbh....just fancied making a post I suppose

...and why not?
ToGDMB

england.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:43 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Same old story. Reply with quote

Looking at Peggyyyy's stats.  

He has connect twice.  2 hours as CT and 2 hours as T.  These look like carefully planned practise sessions in preparation for something bigger.  IMO he is a very good player, too good for this server.   He is not "joining" in the casual community sense, he is simply satisfying his own ego and getting match practise.  He needs challenging opponents and decimating a casual server, sometimes with lots of newbies, is damaging for us and the game.   He has had one run of 8 kills, that's a standard only a few can match.

It takes a long time to build a community and players like this can destroy it in days.  If people see him on the server, they will leave or will not join.

Spectating him from another account is probably a waste of time.  Asking him to turn the wick down a bit is probably a waste of time.

For us, he has reached a point of no return.

DMB
Isk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:25 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Same old story. Reply with quote

Agree DMB. we play for a laugh not for stats, if someone is too good it can spoil the fun for all. Its taken a lot of effort by a lot of players (You, cold Ken etc) to get the server popular so greater good suggests that if Peggyy is that much better than the rest of us the he should find a more competitive server. Although having said that if he simply wants a laugh and isn't just flattering his own ego I can't see we have a minimum or maximum ability criteria?

i'll have beer in a while so will join and see who kills me most  Laughing
Sponsor
TAZ

Reputation: 6.9Reputation: 6.9Reputation: 6.9Reputation: 6.9Reputation: 6.9Reputation: 6.9
uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:13 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Same old story. Reply with quote

Yeah I did actually sometimes play on T.D.B as well as UKCS. Mostly during my time playing CSS though.
I-chicken

Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3
blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:18 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Same old story. Reply with quote

I have to agree with DMB, I was on the other day getting shot to shite with a headshot every time by peggyyy.  I don't really care about getting shot (see stats for proof) but he is waaaay too good for a friendly 'casual' server...anyone remember Shark?

Poo.....and a little bit of wee!
porkspine

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:32 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Same old story. Reply with quote

Shark! That was the badger.

8=====D - -- -

Sponsor
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Forum Index ->  General Chat All times are UTC
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: