Stories Archive
    Recommend Us
    Feedback
    FAQ
    Docs
    ShoutBox2
Shoutbox   

Shout History
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Kerching..... News and Events Darrenbf 1 Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:10 pm
SLEDGE_HAMMER View latest post
FIFA gamer signed by Wolfsburg Other Games SLEDGE_HAMMER 0 Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:31 am
Lemmy in a milk advert Bored? Fun Links! SLEDGE_HAMMER 0 Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:52 pm
Merry Christmas ToGs! General Chat SLEDGE_HAMMER 5 Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:11 am
Blunt View latest post
Dick of the Week Bored? Fun Links! SLEDGE_HAMMER 18 Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:38 pm
MrBlack View latest post
Branching out General Chat Grekk 8 Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:25 pm
ToGDMB View latest post

Windows 10 is to be released....
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToGDMB

votes: 1
england.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:25 pm Post subject: No icon Windows 10 is to be released.... Reply with quote

Windows 10 is to be released later in 2015 and it's free.......to Windows 7 and Windows 8 users.

Windows 10 is free!
cold

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:28 am Post subject: No icon Re: Windows 10 is to be released.... Reply with quote

is that good....I don't understand these things.
On a separate note....only because I don't know how to set up a new topic/chat thingy....I have noticed recently that some ppl are not getting a regular game as MM only allows 5 players per team, Would it be possible to occasionally set up the Death Match server to hold games against 10 fiends if we had that many online.....as in just lock access to server and run a 'war' config on the server....I am sure you could DL something like that off one of the multitude of CSGO forums out there? Would also give us the opportunity to play with some better players like Munkey, Moo, Anti etc etc.....who knows we might even learn something off them?Just a thought....comments on a postcard please

...and why not?
SLEDGE_HAMMER

Reputation: 36.9Reputation: 36.9Reputation: 36.9Reputation: 36.9
uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:01 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Windows 10 is to be released.... Reply with quote

That does sound like a good idea. The private match thing, I mean, not the free Windows 10 thing. And it'd cut down the smurf count.

As for the Windows 10, I love a bargain but I might hold off a bit to see if any problems come to light, e.g. that built-in Cortana assistant app picking up your in game voice chat and helpfully offering you a range of websites where you can buy an ak47  Razz

"Trust me, I know what I'm doing"
Sponsor
ToGDMB

england.png

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:18 am Post subject: No icon Re: Windows 10 is to be released.... Reply with quote

"Our drunken nights of shooting and stabbing have become folklore and are remembered with misty eyes."

We could run the second server as a community competitive server.  That's how it started off.  We could password protect it and allow only registered forum users to play on it.  If you want to arrange a night for this, and get the players on, then let me know and I'll help.

A couple of points....since Valve MM took off, our casual server is barely used and our DM server doesn't get much use either.  The ToGs have decided it seems to forsake our own servers for the harlots that are the Valve MM servers.

So, who is going to play on the new comp. server  if they don't play on the existing servers?

I helped to create a community here and on the servers, but now, it's gone and I'm not going to try again on my own.

What happened to the new admins who were going to help on the servers during the week?

I dunno, maybe it's time that I hung up my DeadMansBoots...
SLEDGE_HAMMER

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:21 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Windows 10 is to be released.... Reply with quote

Well I'm a bit new here to suggest any fixes for the lack of traffic on the servers, but for what it's worth I'd be up for a "Club Night" on the second server. Worth starting a new thread for? As this one's called "Windows 10 to be released" Very Happy

DMB, I'm sure people appreciate the work you do on the servers, even if we don't always say it. You say the community here has gone, and maybe it has compared to a couple of years ago, but I can honestly say I've enjoyed my last year's CS far more than the previous 10*, and that's down to the people here now.

* 10 years? Why am I not better at this game?

cold

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:51 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Windows 10 is to be released.... Reply with quote

I agree with the old SledgeMaster - on much of what he has dexterously put. A club night is a good idea definitely....pitting out wits against each other- a without fail rushing B on mirage on every 1st round .
I also agree that DMB is without doubt the man behind the scenes who keeps it all ticking over, for which all Tog is grateful
I also agree that why is Sledge like he is after 10 years of mullering people - those individuals who say practice makes perfect have clearly never messed with the thing that is ToG

...and why not?
Sponsor
ToGDMB

england.png

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:01 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Windows 10 is to be released.... Reply with quote

Ok, Ill start a club night thread in the CSGO forum.  Can you both sound out peeps and see what night suits and who might come?

DMB
SLEDGE_HAMMER

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:00 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Windows 10 is to be released.... Reply with quote

Gah, only just seen your request to sound ppl out DMB, I am rubbish at spotting new posts sry. Plus I've been unusually absent from the game due to me lying in bed with flu (everybody feel sorry for me). If I was Mr Black I'd be still playing, he seems to play all his matches from his bed.

Sent from my crap android phone while lying in bed with a plate of chips (genuinely, my wife's just brought them)

ToGDMB

england.png

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:21 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Windows 10 is to be released.... Reply with quote

No problem.  Get well soon, m8.

When you click on Forums, any unread posts in a thread should show up with as a red entry.

DMB
Sponsor
mikeyking

uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:07 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Windows 10 is to be released.... Reply with quote

I *think* it's a free upgrade for just the year. i.e. you don't actually own the licence you pay as you go. After a year, who knows what they'll charge.

ToGDMB

england.png

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:46 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Windows 10 is to be released.... Reply with quote

I dunno, I'm stlll not sure.  There are several references to "at no charge"  and " no additional cost".  Like this example:

"Free Upgrade Offer

Great news! We will offer a free upgrade to Windows 10 for qualified new or existing Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 devices that upgrade in the first year!*  And even better: once a qualified Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it up to date for the supported lifetime of the device, keeping it more secure, and introducing new features and functionality over time – for no additional charge. Sign up with your email today, and we will send you more information about Windows 10 and the upgrade offer in the coming months."

By qualified, it refers to possible hardware configurations that might not work with Windows 10.  Also Enterprise editions are not covered by this offer.

We shall see, more news in the coming months as to how they are going to monetise the release of Windows 10.  Maybe by luring peeps from Windows 7 and 8 they'll save support costs.  When does Vista fall of the perch?

I know, I'll sign up, load a pre-release of Win 10 and ask Cortana...I'm sure she will know the answer. Laughing
mikeyking

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:39 am Post subject: No icon Re: Windows 10 is to be released.... Reply with quote

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/195592-with-windows-10-microsoft-could-move-to-a-subscription-based-model

Sponsor
ToGDMB

england.png

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:21 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Windows 10 is to be released.... Reply with quote

mikeyking wrote (View Post):
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/195592-with-windows-10-microsoft-could-move-to-a-subscription-based-model  

Just speculation..this link has more substance to it.  (Whenever Win9 Do Win10 until....)

The reasons for free Windows

We shall see.....do you fancy a small wager?....... Laughing
Smoggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:06 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Windows 10 is to be released.... Reply with quote

MrBlack is running an evaluation version.....perhaps he can answer our questions?

mikeyking

uk.png

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:58 am Post subject: No icon Re: Windows 10 is to be released.... Reply with quote

OK , downloading it now so I'll give it a go this afternoon Smile

Sponsor
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Forum Index ->  General Chat All times are UTC
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: