Stories Archive
    Recommend Us
    Feedback
    FAQ
    Docs
    ShoutBox2
Shoutbox   

Shout History
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Kerching..... News and Events Darrenbf 1 Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:10 pm
SLEDGE_HAMMER View latest post
FIFA gamer signed by Wolfsburg Other Games SLEDGE_HAMMER 0 Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:31 am
Lemmy in a milk advert Bored? Fun Links! SLEDGE_HAMMER 0 Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:52 pm
Merry Christmas ToGs! General Chat SLEDGE_HAMMER 5 Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:11 am
Blunt View latest post
Dick of the Week Bored? Fun Links! SLEDGE_HAMMER 18 Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:38 pm
MrBlack View latest post
Branching out General Chat Grekk 8 Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:25 pm
ToGDMB View latest post

A moment of your time gentlemen, please

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoDT

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:21 pm Post subject: No icon A moment of your time gentlemen, please Reply with quote

Hi all,

My son is currently undertaking a Masters Degree (MPhil) in Sports Psychology at Aberystwyth University. He is looking in to similarities / differences in what motivates people to engage in both exercise and computer gaming. The degree he is completing is in conjunction with a software company looking at developing apps that encourage and engage people in to doing sporting exercise.

He would really appreciate it if you could complete the questionnaire in the link below;

Here is his "blurb" explaining what it is all about;

I'm currently doing my M.Phil with the Sport and exercise science department in Aberystwyth University (Wales, UK).
As part of my study into 'Motivation in innovative fitness technology' I have created an online survey to help me identify peoples motives/feelings during satisfying and dissatisfying exercise and gaming experiences.
As you guys are fairly regular gamers (I hope!) It would be greatly beneficial for me to get your perspective of motives for video gaming and/or exercise.
The survey itself goes into detail about standard demographic, basic gaming/exercise habits/expenditures. It then goes into detail about satisfying and dissatisfying experiences, and covers a number of needs and motives that would be greatly beneficial to my research to see if there are any similarities/differences to what makes a satisfying exercise experience and what makes a satisfying gaming experience.
Due to some of the detail involved the survey does take between 10 - 20 minutes (Based on my pilot studies, and previous participants completion).
It would be an amazing help if some of you could take the time to complete my survey at the link below! And also feel free to share this with your friends etc, the more people that fill it in the better.
One last point, please do read the introduction pages etc for ethical reasons, and only complete this if you are over the age of 18 (yet more ethical reasons) if you are younger than 18 I cannot use the data you provide!
If you have any questions please feel free to message me on here, or email me at the address provided in the survey.
Thank you very much,
Tomas Awdry

The link to the survey is here http://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/aber/exerciseandgaming
SoDT

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:30 pm Post subject: No icon Re: A moment of your time gentlemen, please Reply with quote

Some of you may have shot him once or twice in the past on CS:S where he played as Malignant, but most will remember his friend Torrent - well Rev will anyway... F***tard!  Wink  Laughing
Smoggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:44 pm Post subject: No icon Re: A moment of your time gentlemen, please Reply with quote

Done and made a sticky for now

Sponsor
SoDT

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:45 pm Post subject: No icon Re: A moment of your time gentlemen, please Reply with quote

Smoggy wrote (View Post):
Done and made a sticky for now

Cheers Smoggy
SoDT

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:38 pm Post subject: No icon Re: A moment of your time gentlemen, please Reply with quote

Not sure which of you have responded, but a big Thank You from SonofSoDT1 to those of you who have.

He has received a good level of responses already (above the minimum target he had set).

If you haven't had a go at the survey it is still live, so if you have a few minutes spare he would appreciate your input.

Smile
SoDT

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:26 pm Post subject: No icon Re: A moment of your time gentlemen, please Reply with quote

he is now planning on being bald;

http://my.rednoseday.com/sponsor/tomasawdry

if you want to give up any wonga
Sponsor
mikeyking

uk.png

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:58 pm Post subject: No icon Re: A moment of your time gentlemen, please Reply with quote

SoDT wrote (View Post):
he is now planning on being bald;

http://my.rednoseday.com/sponsor/tomasawdry

if you want to give up any wonga

We're also collecting for the server so feel free to donate to be able to post adverts on your sons behalf in the future Smile
SoDT

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:23 pm Post subject: No icon Re: A moment of your time gentlemen, please Reply with quote

mikeyking wrote (View Post):

We're also collecting for the server so feel free to donate to be able to post adverts on your sons behalf in the future Smile

A fair point, well made Smile
mikeyking

uk.png

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:51 pm Post subject: No icon Re: A moment of your time gentlemen, please Reply with quote

SoDT wrote (View Post):
A fair point, well made Smile

And a very generous gift very gratefully received
Sponsor
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://www.thegrumpyoldgits.co.uk Forum Index ->  General Chat All times are UTC
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: